Well, it’s been quite awhile since I have updated this blog. Life has been very busy of late. Time for an update on BlowPro and the BlowPro apps for iOS and Android!
As a small 2-person company, I have to split my time between BlowPro and the other aspects of life such as my main employment. Work has been very busy over the past year and I have found it very difficult to, in particular, complete the final 10 percent or so of work that has to be done to bring the BlowPro Android app to “Version 1.0” level where it is suitable for public release.
For what it’s worth, I also had to step away from my participation in the RMM2 pipe band for the busy summer season. Life was just too busy.
My intent, over the next couple of months, is to finally complete that 10 percent of work and get the Android app “out the door”. The remaining work concerns clean-up of the user interface and more testing to ensure that the function set of the app is complete and comparable to the full functionality of the iOS BlowPro app.
The iOS app has been stable, and I have had only a couple of general inquiries on usage of the app over the past few months. This is encouraging as the app is meeting users’ needs, and (importantly) the Blowpro hardware platform is stable and users have reported zero “bugs”.
We have started a second production run of 50 BlowPro units, as stock is getting low at Tartantown. As the hardware platform is stable, I anticipate no hardware changes for the device at this time.
The Android app, of course, will function “out of the box” with an existing BlowPro device, so as a user you will have a choice to use either app with your device.
So apologies to our site visitors for the delay between posts, and as I have completed a couple of big projects in my main line of work, you can expect more frequent updates leading up to the release of the BlowPro Android app, and the completion of production run number 2.
Leave a Reply